Sunday, September 27, 2009

Japanese sweet




If you have been to Japan, you might know"YUKIMI-DAIFUKU"
It is soooo delicious and I still remember when I had it first time.

This is a soft round whoes skin is rice cake with ice cream inside.

The other day, my daughter was sick and when she recovered, I wanted treat her with ice cream as my mum did for me when I was child.

So I went to a asian grocery to buy ice cream. Japanese food is always expensive here, but I didn't expect the YUKIMI-DAIFUKU was so expensive.
This was nearly 9 dollors for small 9 pieces!

I bought this time......but I don't want to buy anymore!!

So I found the site how to make.
http://cookpad.com/recipe/341518

Firstly I went to buy genuine ingredient to Japanese grocery shop.
However, they don't have corn starch that made in Japan :(.......
I had to buy one that made in China.
(I have avoided to buy things made in China especially food)

Anyway,
I made them!

It was difficult to make round shape but I made them with green tea ice cream.
Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment